Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What's in my Camera Bag?

Before I get into the main idea of this post, I want to make it abundantly clear that having all this crazy, expensive equipment is in no means necessary for making a film. We could've easily shot this film opening by simply using our iPhones. All it takes is a great understanding of camera shots, angles, composition, lighting techniques, and creativity. Personally, I feel more comfortable shooting with my DSLR as I've been doing so for the last 4 years. Now that that's out of the way, allow me to show you some of the equipment we used for this film.

The Brain
- For this project, we decided to use my camera, a Sony A7SII. By using this camera we were able to shoot at 120fps, which would allow us to slow down the clips up to 20% of the normal speed without ruining the quality of the clip.



The Eyes
- For the lens, I used what seems to be my favorite lens, the Rokinon 24mm. This lens takes the spot as my favorite one because of it's manual aperture capability. Just like the focus ring, this lens has another ring that allows you to open and close the aperture manually on the spot. This makes it extremely easy to fix the shot when the lighting condition changes. It is also a pretty wide lens that allows for more field to be covered.

The Mouth?? Ears??
- I did have a Rode VideoMic Pro microphone mounted on the camera to help pick up some of the NATs. Although we won't be using much of them on the final project, it is always nice to have them in case we want some specific sound effects.


We also used a tripod along with a dolly to get some nice tracking shots. Again, none of this equipment is necessarily needed in order to make a film. This is just what we are comfortable working with.




No comments:

Post a Comment