Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Beginning of the End

Here comes the difficult part... editing. Looking through over an hour of footage can be a very tedious task, but seeing how cool the shots look afterwards makes up for it. I will be using Adobe Premiere Pro CC as the preferred editing software to put this opening together. In addition to Premiere, I will do some of the title sequences in Adobe After Effects for animation purposes. I have certifications for Premiere Pro and have been using After Effects for a couple of years now, so editing shouldn't be a problem for me.

I'm one of those people who love editing to the beat. All of my videos have to be synced to some kind of music; but for this project, it's going to be a little more complex than that. Today, we got started with the first rough draft of the edit. We cut and put some clips together without any real editing done to it just to test the timing and composition of the clips. I added one of the songs we'll be using as a placeholder to help the flow of editing a bit. I aim to be done with the first rough draft of the edit in the next couple of days to see if we need to include or drop anything, and get started with the actual edit. Here are some screenshots of the timeline so you can have a little tease of what the footage looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment